Pages

Monday 12 August 2019

Writing Prompts 7: Children of blood and bone

Chapter 52 – Amari
“I’ll prove myself to you, to all of you,” Inan declares. “You’re on the right side of this. My only desire is to stand there as well.”
“Good.” I lean forward to hug him, holding on to his promise.
But when his hands wrap around my back, all I can think of are how his fingers are resting just above my scars.
This could be compared to / A message I take from this scene is
Do you trust Inan? Does he deserve a second chance?
Do people in real life deserve second chances? This message can be compared to when you're making a decision on if you would trust a person after they've done something that you don't approve on. For example, we've all thought of somebody a different way because of the things people will say about them, but once we see their part of the story or what they're really like, we'd start to change our thought about them. Which was like Inan, his father made him think that maji's were the problem for Orisha, but once he saw Zelie's story and how she suffered because of his father, he realized he was wrong all along.


I do trust Inan, and I will give him a second chance. This is because he was persuaded by his father to kill all maji, and so his father is to blame for all the actions he's done.

I reckon people do deserve second chances, but it all depends on what they have done. I always go by the phrase 'forgive and forget'.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.