Pages

Tuesday 20 August 2019

Writing Prompts 11: Children of Blood & Bone

Chapter 66 – Inan
Father stands in his night robes, scanning a faded map. No sign of hatred. Not even a hint of disgust.
For him, carving MAGGOT into a girl’s back is just another day’s work.

In that instant it hits me: Zulaikha’s death. Zélie’s screams. They don’t mean a thing to him. Because they’re maji, they’re nothing.

This message can be compared to what happened 71 years ago, which was the apartheid. This is because of how cruel they were treated and how many of their deaths meant nothing to the English and Afrikaaners.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.