Pages

Monday 26 August 2019

Writing prompts 12: Children of Blood & Bone

Chapter 79 – Zélie
Inan’s amber eyes trap me in the truth of his betrayal, but it isn’t the gaze I know. He’s a stranger. A soldier. The shell of the little prince. Note: It is interesting to think about how Zélie became an empty “shell” after Saran tortured her. After talking with Saran, Inan became a shell, also.
Think back to when Inan said they had no choice but to kill the maji.
Zélie said “There’s always a choice.”


This message can be compared to when you are going through phases or problems that can remind you of things that have scarred you before, like going to war. When people go off to war, they usually come back a lot fearer than usual, this is because they saw and done stuff they didn't want to do or see. Some things can remind a person of the past or of the memories that they want to forget, 'shell' - hiding.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.