Pages

Monday 25 February 2019

The slave trade

During the past few lessons in social studies, my class and I had to create a map of the slave trade. The slave trade shows what happened during those times, and how they were able to transfer materials and goods from one country to another.
What happened:
Ships from Britain would leave with good such as - clothes, guns ironware and drinks. These good would then be transferred to Africa and would be traded for men, women, and children. The traders held the enslaved Africans and sold them to Europeans or African captains, and then would be sold to the higher bidder at slave auctions. With the money made from the sale of enslaved Africans, goods such as coffee and tobacco were bought and carried back to Britain for sale.

Here is the map I created to show you an understanding of what is happening.

1 comment:

  1. Hi presayus, I like how neat you did your lines on your map, good job:)

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.