Pages

Wednesday 13 February 2019

English!

Here is one of a language feature that I have worked on in English, using piktochart
_________________________________________________________________________________

Sensory Language

As I woke up to the sound of raindrops on top of my roof, I got out of bed and watched the raindrops slowly drip down the window. I got out of bed and strolled into the kitchen and made me a sweet hot coffee. The taste of the warmth and sweetness burst on my taste buds, it went well with the soft scone that I quickly ate.  I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth, and as the coldness of the water splashed upon my face I was awake and ready for the day.
____________________________________________________________
Similes and Metaphors
A simile is when you would describe something in a sentence using like or as.
A metaphor is when you would describe towards something but you don't really mean it in that way.

EXAMPLE:
Simile: She typed as slow as a sloth
Metaphor: Her heart is gold
_______________________________________________
Slam Poetry

This video will have to be one of my favourites out of all videos, mainly because people in Nz and I can relate to his speech. One quote that stood out to me was - "We came from a time where Papauanuku was cherished to now where our papa and our surroundings are blatantly neglected". The meaning of this quote is - back then our mother earth was cherished by our people when now people are just showing a lack of care towards our surrounding and our mother Earth. Another quote I really like that is very similar is -  We drilled deep holes through our mother - We chopped down our brother's forest and still we have the nerve to wonder why Ruaumoko is under this earth quaking on us. This means we drill a hole through the mother earth and chopped down trees and we are here wondering why Ruaumoko - the god of earthquakes and volcanoes - is making earthquakes.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Haiku
_________________________________________________________________________________
Reflection:
Doing all of this made me learn more about creative writing, and it gave me more ideas that I could use in my literacy writing. With all the different language features I have seen while working, and given me more depth toward my learning of english, and I have fun learning and creating these.

1 comment:

  1. Presayus, this is a really well presented post. It is eye-catching and informative. I really enjoyed your Slam Poetry response. It seemed genuine. I hope that you enjoyed that activity. Your sensory language paragraph is well written, and I like how you managed to avoid using "looks like", "sounds like", etc. This makes your writing believable and effective. Your anaphora poster is very clear, and I think others could learn easily from this resource. To improve your post, perhaps include more detail in your reflection. Which activity or activities did you enjoy the most, and why? Is there anything you are wondering about or want to learn more about? Keep up the great work. Ka rawe :)

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.