Pages

Wednesday 20 February 2019

Reflection on making chicken and rice patties

Here is the link to the ingredients to make this: https://hhspresayusf.blogspot.com/2019/02/chicken-and-rice-patties.html

On Friday last week, my home economics class and I all did a practical on making Chicken and rice patties. I have never heard or tried making one of these before, so making this was new for me, and learning all the steps was quite different towards other food I have made before. The major hack or thing that I learnt was putting the glad wrap on half of the chopping board because the chopping board we were using was for raw chicken, and the chicken we were cooking with was already cooked. Doing that, helped make it easier. For the next practical I will probably look at the measurements and how it changes when you're making it for more or fewer
people.

Define - Perishable:
Food likely to go bad quickly

Define - Non-perishable:
Foods that can be stored for a long time without getting bad or spoiled.

Why is understanding the correct storage for food important when it comes to these two food types?
It is important understanding what foods last longer and what doesn't, because it is easier knowing what foods you can get before a week passes, and what foods you can eat after weeks to months passed.

What is the impact that storage has on bacteria?
If foods are not correct in the right place, it can lead to getting mould on it because of how it's not stored in the right temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.