Pages

Wednesday 13 February 2019

Safety around fire in the cooking room

Name the 2 key fire safety equipment we have in this room -
Image result for fire extinguisherFire extinguisher and a fire blanket

Explain how each is used
Fire extinguisher - This is what we use to spray on to something that is caught on fire like a pan, tea towel etc.

Fire blanket -  An fire blanket is used to cover when a pan is on fire or used to wrap around the victim that is caught on fire.

Why do you not try to blow out an oil fire?
Because it can spread the fire the same as water

What are the three things you should try and do to put out a fire
Image result for fire blanket- Use the fire blanket
- Use the fire extinguisher
- Put baking soda -lots of it.
_________________________________
Use a manual core point to report a fire
Call 111 - for NZ





No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.