Pages

Wednesday 22 May 2019

Arriving in paradise!

Everything is expensive. Food, water, shelter, and even getting to another place. Some days i'm not able to eat food, or I don't get to have a shower for a whole week. I live off of 10 pounds every week because where I work I get paid under minimum wage. I've always wanted to move but I haven't been able to because I cant afford it.

One night while I was locking up the bar, a poster caught my eye. "Free trip to paradise. Tomorrow morning there will be a ship leaving to New Zealand..."  I stopped reading and quickly ran to my small cramped house. I packed my baggage's throughout the whole night. I was so glad that I was finally able to leave London, but I kept thinking if I will return back or stay there for good.  So relieved that I finally get to have a normal life without facing crowded streets, cold nights, maybe I will even get a proper job. The sun came out and I quickly grabbed my stuff and rushed out the door towards the port.

Its only been 1 week on this boat and already I cant take it. I just want to go back, I cant deal with people coughing or sneezing in my face. Living on the boat is worse than living in that small and cold house of mine. Its easier to catch any sickness on here because there's too many people on the boat. Also because of this, food cant feed everyone at once. The longest I've been without food is almost 2 days. It is now 3 months and things have gotten a lot better, except there's been more sicknesses and diseases going around. A lot of people have lost some of their loved ones due to these types of diseases. I just hope I'm alive when I get to New Zealand, or even being able to step a foot. "We are now landing in New Zealand." I feel the rush of excitement inside me, "I'm finally in New Zealand!"

2 years have passed...

Its been 2 years since I have left London, and I love it here! Everything about New Zealand is what I've imagined throughout my whole life. The only thing that I miss are my relatives but everything else is great! I was finally able to sleep well. I can afford food, shelter and water. I get paid well. I love the weather, and I love New Zealand!


1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Presayus!
    I really enjoyed your creative writing piece! You made it short and sweet while also keeping the information there. Maybe next time you could work on showing and not telling, instead of saying "the sun came up", maybe you could further explain what that looked like, maybe even little details. You could go deeper into what it was like leaving the ship, it's just those little details that make stories even better!
    You have done a great job and I can't wait to read your final draft!
    - Nadia

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.