Pages

Thursday 30 May 2019

Neutralisation:

Neutralisation:

Aim: To observe a neutralisation reaction
Method:
1. Add approximately 1-2 mL of Na2CO3 and place the test tube into the test tube rack. Add 3-5 drops of Universal indictor solution.
2. Using a dropper bottle, add HCI drop by drop. Be careful because adding even a small amount of extra acid can mean you'll miss the neutralisation point.

Results:
Discussion:
Once we added the liquids we just played around with it until we got a certain colour or the rainbow, just like this photo here which is our results.

Conclusion:
In the end we got the results we wanted - Rainbow- and we also managed to get the colour green, which means it's neutral and is 6 -7 on the pH level.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.