Pages

Monday 20 May 2019

Atomic Science

Making a Atom Model:

Aim: To make a model of any atom

Equipment:
Paper
Blue Tack
Tape
String
Beads

Atom we are attempting to make: Boron
Protons: 5
Neutrons: 6
Electrons: 5


Method:
1. Collect the 11 beads (6 is neutrons) (5 is Protons -  Stick all 11 of the beads on the blue tack, any colour. Make sure there are one colour for protons and another colour for Neutrons. This is your nucleus.

2. String - Stick the nucleus onto the string

3. Making the shells- Take a piece of paper and cut 2 circles, first draw 2 circles on the smaller circle, and then draw 3 on the bigger circle, as this is the electrons.

4. Finishing step - Tape the two circles around the nucleus and onto the string
Make sure to title it
Photo:

This is my example of the model, it has 5 protons, 6 neutrons, 5 electrons, and a mass of 11. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.