Pages

Thursday 15 March 2018

Strategies for being assertive.



1) Know you priorities*
Eg:
Image result for be an eagle not a turtle wellcastA) What's important to you?
B) Family
C) Church
D) School

2) Eye contact
Eg: Making eye contact with either their forehead or nose for better conversations, and because you get a better view.

3) Body language
Eg: Having great posture
Be an Eagle not a turtle.
Eagle: Have a straight back, have your chest out and speak with confidence
Turtle: Having a hunched back, with a frown face and being quiet.

4) Voice
Eg: Be loud and happy while talking.
Also to speak up to the class and be more confident.

5) "I" Statements
Eg: I feel...
Don't use "You" It will just make the person you're talking to more aggressive, because it feels like you're putting pressure on them.

6) Small victories
Eg:
A) Confidence, *Feeling good about yourself
B) Stick up for yourself
C) Self talk

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.