Pages

Friday 12 April 2019

Life as an Orphan - English Assesment..



Life as an orphan…



Once the town was covered amongst dark clouds; bright golden lights started to appear, I quickly ran out

of my room and sprinted as fast as light towards the front door. I felt nervous as I put my hand on the
handle. My brain was going crazy telling me I should open it and run, but my body refused; so I let go
of the handle and went back to bed. Two hours have passed and I still couldn't go back to sleep, Ughhh,
that moment just kept replaying in my head. Questions were running through my mind all night.
I should of went, but why? Why didn't I go?...

It was morning and I was awakened to the aroma of freshly made bacon when I got out of bed,
the sun shimmered through the window and upon my face, the singing songbirds relaxed me as
I leaned my face against the cold window. Once I blinked It all went away, that was when I realized
im back into reality. When I stepped into the kitchen, no bacon was to be seen, it was just a bowl of
cold porridge. It’s been 12 hours since my attempt to escape and still, that moment hasn’t gotten out
of my head. Then A thought came through my brain. If I was to up and leave right now, then I would
have nowhere to go, maybe that’s why I stayed... Because I need to find my family! Think Evelyn, think!
Where can you find information about your family? I quietly said, “The files…”

“Goodnight Evelyn…” I watched her close the door and lock it. I waited until I couldn’t hear her footsteps.
The night was quiet again, it was so quiet that you could hear the clock ticking. I walked to my door
and unlocked it with my bobby pin. When I got out of my room, I checked both sides and ambled along
the hallway; towards the office. I unlocked the door. “Finally,” I said with relief. When I turned my torch
on there was mountains of files, it was so high that I could climb it. I looked and looked for my file, but it
was nowhere around me. Just when I was about to give up, there was a red file.
‘Evelyn Smith… Parents: Alive - 124  George St,’ My heart was pounding so fast. I grabbed my file
and ran towards the door.

“Ooohh it felt like forever, I wonder what they look like,” I said. “Boom, Clankkk” I froze.

“Oh no no no no No!” All the Lights turned on, even the head mistress of the orphanage.
I quickly opened the door and ran down the hallway. “Evelyn… You know they’re not alive,
so where are you going darling,” She said in a leery tune. “I’m going home,” I shouted,
“They are dead,” I carried on unlocking the door. I unlocked the door, and went outside just
when She shouted: “I've called the cops.” I took no notice and ran to the address that was put on
my file.

My hand shook as I lifted it towards the door. “Knock, Knock”. A lady walked to the door, “Who is it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.