Pages

Friday 12 April 2019

How much should you eat?

How much should you eat?


Serving sizes:Meat: The palm of your hand is a good serving size, the meat should be the same thickness as your hand.
Vegetables: Your two hands cupped together is a good size for serving.
Bread:  A closed fist is a good guide for a portion of starchy foods like bread, potatoes, taro, etc. 

Explain how many servings you are given as a guideline of what you should be eating:
Meat:
3 - 6 a day
Vegetables: 3 - 4 a day
Bread: 6 a day
Dairy: 2 - 3 a day

How do these guidelines relate to your daily intake? Where do your strengths/weaknesses lie?
How these guidelines relate to me is the number of veggies and meat I intake every day, because those are my strengths along with bread. I don't intake dairy that much because my stomach reacts to it so dairy would have to be one of my weaknesses. 

Explain the purpose of the activity:
The purpose of this activity was to learn something new and to use it. Learning about how much servings we should eat every day is a good way to help our health. 

What you made and how it relates to the dinner plate model?
This relates to most activities we made due to the same servings we had.


What is something you are taking away from this term?
All the recipes
Serving sizes
Food groups

What do you to apply next term to this class?
The serving sizes

What is something you're looking forward to?
The food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.