Pages

Friday 15 March 2019

Art - Michael Mew inspiration

During the term, we had the chance to make a poster that was like Micheal Mew's artwork. In his artwork, he had leading lines towards the focal point, and he did collages on his picture as well. When I got to make mine, I decided to have three focal points, the bird, the flower, and the fork. These stood out to me because Michael had a lot of flowers as his focal point and he also had drips. The leading lines I did was the lines from the wood, and the lines the bird is on, which is the tree. The bird I used is called a yellowhead or a mohua, It is a singing bird and is found in the South Island
My artwork
in NZ. Here is my artwork and next to it is Michael Mews artwork.

Michael Mews artwork
Mohua

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Presayus, You are someone I rate very highly for drawing skills and it turns out you are a damned fine colourist as well. You have chosen colours really well here and it just works. I also particularly like how the vertical lines almost mimic the piece of Mew's work you chose to go along side it. Is that intentional?

    You are organised and diligent and talented by the way, so don't stop doing what you are doing. See you Thursday if not before.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.