Pages

Tuesday 26 March 2019

Health Unit

Spiritual Well-being:

Spiritual well being/Taha Wairua Meaning:
Spiritual well being is the stuff that you value the most, and all your beliefs. It also means your identity, so who you are and your culture and what you do as traditions.

Belief Definition:
BELIEF- “Trust, faith or confidence in someone or something”. Acceptance that something is true.

Value Definition:
VALUES- what you believe to be right and important.
What I've learned so far:
I have learned a lot of things that's got to do with spiritual wellbeing. One of them is what I value and cherish the most, also what I believe in. I also learned that understanding all my values helped me to understand myself better, and why we are reacting in that way.

FROM THE VALUES YOU CHOSE, WRITE ABOUT THE TWO THAT ARE MOST IMPORTANT TO YOU
WHY IS THIS VALUE IMPORTANT TO YOU?
RECALL A MOMENT IN YOUR LIFE WHEN YOU REALLY ‘LIVED’ THIS VALUE.  
IF THIS VALUE IS NOT BEING RESPECTED BY OTHERS, HOW MIGHT YOU FEEL OR REACT?
 Forgiveness This value is important to me because I find that forgiving a person will make me stronger, and because forgiving isn't just good for the other person but for yourself as well I've been in a situation where the end result was being talked to as a group by a teacher and them apologizing, and me having the decision on whether I would forgive or not. I decided to forgive them and making that choice really made me better and also for them. If this happened to me, I will feel disappointed but then I will respect their choice even if they didn't forgive me.
 Leadership This value is important to me because I find that being a leader or taking charge of a situation will help me to be better and because I like to influence younger kids to be a good role model. I've been a leader before so I know how it feels to make kids want to be just like I was - a prefect - and making them choose that choice made me feel better If I was a leader and I wasn't being respected, I will feel frustrated and will start getting more bossier so they would respect me, and once they do, I will be more calm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.