Pages

Thursday 21 March 2019

Sonia Terk Delaunay - My artwork updates

Rythme colore, 1952, Abstract, Orphism
Sonia Terk Delaunay
Fabric Pattern, 1928, Abstract, Orphism
Sonia Terk Delaunay
Sonia Terk Delaunay And her husband, Robert Delaunay, were both well-known artist who had come up with, Orphism artwork. She and her husband, Robert Delaunay artworks were known for using strong colours and geometry shapes.  Sonia Terk wasn't a fan of Matisse or Picasso, and according to artists she said Matisse was "too timid, too bourgeois", and Picasso "always looked unhealthy". Sonia was the first living female artist to have a retrospective at the Louvre museum.

Orphism Google definition:

a short-lived art movement ( c. 1912) within cubism, pioneered by a group of French painters (including Robert Delaunay, Sonia Delaunay-Terk, and Fernand Léger) and emphasizing the lyrical use of colour rather than the austere intellectual cubism of Picasso, Braque, and Gris.

Recreation of her work

22/03/19
My artwork of Orphism

Sonia Delaunay's work

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Presayus, thank you for posting this. Do you like the images you chose? Did you have a go at making an oil pastel trial base don one in class? if you did, can you snap a photo and update your blog post with it? It shows your progressing understanding, which is always a good thing :-) see you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Presayus for putting your thumbnail sketches up. These are particularly good as there is a sense that you know what you are doing within them! You may be thinking 'no I dont', but I think you intuitively do. You have a very natural Artists way of doing things and mind.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.