Pages

Tuesday 30 July 2019

Writing prompts 5: Children of blood & bones

Ideas – Relate to the real world.
After reading a chapter, there will be a quote from the story. Write about how the idea could be relevant to the real world and its people.
"Gods help us.
I close my eyes, trying to drown the tragedy out. Through it all, the cheers never stop. The praise never ends. As we stand on the platform, the crowd rejoices as if there’s a reason to celebrate this bloodbath.
Beside me, Tzain holds me close; he hasn’t really let go since he carried me from the ship. He keeps his expression vacant, but I can sense his remorse.
Though the competitor in him has prevailed, we’re still covered in the blood of those who have fallen. We may have triumphed, but this is no victory."

Most of us know the movie hunger games. When I read this scene, I start to picture the movie: hunger games. This is because of how Zelie is participating in a game where they would kill each other to become the top or to win, which is exactly what Katniss is doing in the hunger games.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.