Pages

Monday 29 July 2019

Writing prompts 3: Children of blood & bone

Ideas – Relate to the real world.
After
reading a chapter, there will be a quote from the story. Write about how the idea could be relevant to the real world and its people.
“How long?” she breathes. “How long have you been a maji?”
She hisses the word like it’s a curse. Like I’m the spitting image of Lekan. Not the boy she’s known since birth. The soldier she’s trained for years.
“The girl infected me. It’s not permanent.”
“You’re lying.” Her lips peel back in disgust. “Are you…are you working with her?”
“No! I was looking for clues!” I step forward. “I know where she is–”
“Stay back!” Kaea screams. I freeze, hands in the air. There’s no recognition in her eyes.
Only unbridled fear.

This scene can be compared to us as people. I say this because we all have somebody that's close to us or that has been there with us for a long time whether they are a family member or a friend. Kaea is the 2nd lover of Inan's father after his biological mother passed. "How long have you been a maji" this quote gives us the idea that she never knew he was a maji, even when they've known each other for a long time. What I mean is, even though it seems you may know a person because you've known for a long time, there is always something that a person is hiding or something that you never knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.