Pages

Friday 26 July 2019

Boomerangs

Last term, My social studies class and I had done some research on aboriginal history. One thing that played a major part in their history was boomerangs. Aboriginals had three types of different boomerangs and one that we all know is the V-shaped boomerang. That boomerang was used just to entertain the kids and the other two were used to hunt for food and kill wallabies or kangaroos and such. We also did some research on the type of art they would use, for example dotting art or they'll draw animals on them.

During the previous 2 lessons, we had the chance to design one of our boomerangs ourselves.

Explain the purpose of the activity?
The purpose of this activity was to design a boomerang and use the art styles they would use to describe a story or to feel what it is like to be in their shoes and designing one of their most cultures traditions.

Explain the story on your boomerangs, include the meaning of the colours?
The story I did on my boomerang was their prey. The big animal is a kangaroo, (Even though the top may not look like a kangaroo I tried to make it how they would draw it) I did a kangaroo because I know it was one of the animals they would hunt for and because it's the national animal for Australia. I did a lizard for it to stand as the big insects they have in Australia, and the lines were just as aboriginals blood.

What went well when painting your boomerang?
I think my art did really well but one thing I hoped to do better was actually finishing my designs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.