Pages

Tuesday 13 November 2018

Metal - Balancing toy

For the past term and a half my class and I have been working on our balancing toy. During our time of working we also put together a diary, or a presentation of the progress we have done. This presentation was edited every time we have metal tech. Take a look. Due to me being sick for a lot of days, and some public holidays I didn't get to finish it off properly, and I am alright with the end results. Some of the slides are missing due to those missed days. My wire is designed as number seventeen but I haven't finished it, and I haven't welded all my parts together, only my two rods and my 100 x 20 x 5 mm flat bar. I would do better by working even more harder because I missed last lesson, or just get on with my work. I learned how to drill, how some of the tools worked and I have learned how to make a balancing toy, by watching others around me and getting help by them. Hope you enjoyed my presentation. Thank you.



REFLECTION

Did you finish your work, if not why?
I did not finish my work because I was sick for about two week which takes six days off, and we had some public holidays, and market day. Instead of just taking my time after I missed some days, I should've work two times harder.

What I enjoyed?
I enjoyed drilling and designing my work. I also enjoyed making one of these, even if I didn't finish. I enjoyed it because it taught me new things through the past term and a half.

What did I learn?
I learnt so many things, most of them were just learning the functions of all the tool we were using, and how much work goes into just making a balancing toy.

What was a challenge, and how 9+*-6did I overcome it?
One challenge for me was doing the drills because, I have never done it before and it also takes some risk, because just one wrong move and it can ruin your project, same thing goes for welding. I overcame it by actually trying it and asking for help around me, and because it was either the band saw or a slow cut with the hand saw.


Did I weld and what did I think of it?
Well I did weld, welding gave me a lot of pressure because I didn't know what to do or if I was doing it wrong, but I just did it and it turned out fine.

What have I got better at?
I have gotten better at knowing all the different tools.


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.