Pages

Monday 24 September 2018

Food labeling

Lactose Intolerance:

First fact -
  1. Being lactose intolerant is different from being allergic to milk. Intolerance is the inability to digest the lactose sugar found in milk due to the lack of lactose enzyme, whereas the allergy is a reaction to the milk protein.
Second fact - 
  1. People with lactose intolerance can still eat cheese! Foods like butter and natural cheeses contain a small amount of lactase, which can be tolerable for some.
Third fact - Lactose intolerance is usually caused by a deficiency of an enzyme in the body called lactase.


__________________________________________________________________________________________
Then make a statement about why food labels are relevant for people that suffer from these allergies. What will they be looking for on labels?

Food labels on product are one of the top things people tend to look for, because they're searching to see if this product contains stuff they're allergic to. I think this is needed because it can help a person with allergies know that they should or should not buy this. Examples they will be looking for is, dairy, wheat, nuts, and more.
_________________________________________________________________________________
Here is my own food label I created for chocolate chip cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.