Pages

Tuesday 5 June 2018

What is Pi?..

( Π,π  )
According to Wikipedia - A pi is originally define as the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter, It now has various equivalent definitions and appears in many formulas in all areas of mathematics and physics. It is approximately equal to 3.14159. It had been represented by the Greek letter since "π " the mid 18th century, though it is also spelt out as "Pi". It is also called Archimedes Constant.

How is it calculated?

  1.  Draw a perfect circle
  2.  Measure the circumference of a circle as accurate as you can.
  3. Measure the Diameter
  4. Use the formula(C= π*d = 2*π*r.)
  5. For more accurate results, repeat this process with several different circles, and then average circles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.