Pages

Friday 21 February 2020

Antithesis...

Antithesis:

What is it?
Antithesis is a thing or person that is the complete opposite of someone or something else. Polar opposite...

Why is it used? What is the effect? 
Many people use this in their writing because when two opposites are introduced together, it creates a contrasting effect. In further detail, "Man proposes, God, disposes," writers would use examples like that due to the big impact it has on the reader.

Examples:
"Love is an ideal thing, marriage is a real thing"

No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.