Pages

Wednesday 23 October 2019

Home Economics: Pasta

Home Economics: Pasta


In Home economics, My group and I were able to make pasta with the choice of choosing any type of noodles, or pasta. We had the choice of either choosing, normal spaghetti, fettucini, lasagna sheets, or rotini pasta, and our group stuck with spaghetti. As usual, each person in my group had a specific job to do. One person did the dishes, The other was getting the ingredients, while I was getting the food prepped e.g cutting the onions and garlic for the sauce. Our group really works well in organizing who's doing what and we really finish prepping and everything just in time. The sauce was already pre-made for us and so it made everything easier.

Ingredients:
Garlic
Onion
Pasta  - any type
Sauce
Water
Oil
Salt & Pepper
Origano/any spices/seasonings.

Method:

- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to package instructions. Save ¼ cup (60 ml) of pasta water, then drain.
- Add the olive oil and garlic to a large cold sauté pan. Turn the heat to medium-low and slowly heat up until the garlic is fragrant and lightly colored, about 3 minutes.
- Add the reserved pasta water and bring to a simmer. Add the cooked spaghetti and parsley, if using. Stir until the pasta is well-coated. Season with salt to taste.





No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.