Pages

Wednesday 18 September 2019

Souvlaki: Home economics

This term we have been looking at a cultural unit, where it consists of making food from other countries, or countries where we export and import food from. In the previous lesson, I had the privilege to make Souvlaki. Souvlakis is a popular greek food that has small pieces of meat, vegetables and also sauces, like the yoghurt sauce and the marinade.  Here is the ingredients we needed for our souvlaki last Friday.

Ingredients:
100g - 150g Beef - Weiner, schnitzel - shredded
2T oil
Tortilla/Souvlaki wrap
Cucumber
Capsicum
Tomatoes - cut flesh
Lettuce - chiffonade
Marinade sauce - Red onion - finely chopped, Fresh oregano
Yoghurt sauce tzatziki - Greek yoghurt - added freshly, chopped mint, parsley, grated cucumber.

Didn't make sauce *was already made for us*
Process for cooking meat:
- Shred beef and put in marinade.
- A drop of oil in the pan - then add the beef
- Heat temperature to cook the meat- sizzle (so it seals in the moisture)

Once done with beek create your souvlaki!


No comments:

Post a Comment

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.